Close Menu
StoryMoo – Global News & Trending Stories Hub

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    3 In 4 Gen Z Do Not Want Fully Remote Work—A Temple Economist Explains

    August 20, 2026

    Man City transfer news: Enzo Fernandez bid incoming despite missing Chelsea deadline – Paper Talk | Football News

    August 20, 2026

    Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 3 In 4 Gen Z Do Not Want Fully Remote Work—A Temple Economist Explains
    • Man City transfer news: Enzo Fernandez bid incoming despite missing Chelsea deadline – Paper Talk | Football News
    • Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance
    • Judi Dench has inspired a new decorating trend – and I oppose it with every fibre of my being | Polly Hudson
    • Why Anthony Bourdain’s Editor Wanted ‘Tony’ to Be Darker
    • Stripe didn’t really buy OpenRouter because of the ‘singularity’
    • Alarm in South Korea as Iran dispute with Trump shakes a 72-year alliance | US-Israel war on Iran News
    • Trump declares ‘economic warfare’ on Iran, threatens its backers
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    StoryMoo – Global News & Trending Stories Hub
    Subscribe
    Thursday, August 20
    • Home
    • World News
    • Business
    • Health
    • Sports
    • Celebrities
    • Lifestyle
    • Travel & Tourism
    • Job post
    • Technology
    StoryMoo – Global News & Trending Stories Hub
    Home»World News»Iran attacks Kuwait and Bahrain in response to US strikes | US-Israel war on Iran News
    World News

    Iran attacks Kuwait and Bahrain in response to US strikes | US-Israel war on Iran News

    adminBy adminJune 28, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Iran attacks Kuwait and Bahrain in response to US strikes | US-Israel war on Iran News
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Iran has launched attacks on Bahrain and Kuwait after the United States struck five Iranian targets, escalating tensions and threatening the fragile ceasefire agreed by the two sides earlier this month.

    The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) confirmed the attacks on Sunday, saying it launched ballistic missiles and drones at the US Ali Al Salem airbase in Kuwait and the US Fifth Naval Fleet at Port Salman in Bahrain.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    Bahrain condemned the attacks, saying they violated its sovereignty and undermined “opportunities for de-escalation and stability in the region”, while Kuwait described the “repeated heinous Iranian aggressions” as a “flagrant violation of its sovereignty”.

    The US military hit Iran’s Sirik, Bandar-e Lengeh and Qeshm Island on Saturday. US Central Command (CENTCOM) said its navy and air force “conducted strikes tonight on 10 Iranian military targets at multiple locations in and near the Strait of Hormuz”, saying the attacks were a response to an Iranian drone attack on the Kiku oil tanker.

    It said the Panama-flagged vessel was carrying more than two million barrels of crude oil when it was attacked as it transited near the strait early on Saturday.

    Britain’s UKMTO maritime security agency ⁠said the tanker hit on Saturday had sustained damage to its bridge, with all crew reported safe.

    Strait of Hormuz

    The weekend attacks come after the US struck Iran on Friday following drone attacks on vessels near the Strait of Hormuz.

    The Singapore-registered Ever Lovely container ship was hit by a drone on Thursday. No injuries were reported. The US responded by hitting locations near Sirik, while Iran responded by attacking US military locations in the region.

    Iran has said vessels transiting the strait can only use its designated route and warned that ships using any other routes would be violating the ceasefire agreement.

    The International Maritime Organization suspended its plan to evacuate ships stranded in the strait on Thursday after the attack on the Ever Lovely.

    President Donald Trump said late on Saturday that Tehran had violated the ceasefire agreement, which was signed on June 17.

    “There may come a point when we are no longer able to be reasonable, and will be forced to militarily complete the job that we very successfully started,” he posted on social media. “If that happens, the Islamic Republic of Iran will no longer exist!”

    Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned the US strikes on its monitoring and surveillance facilities on its southern coast. It said the “brutal attacks” were in violation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and the United Nations charter.

    It added that they showed the US “does not place the slightest value and credibility on its commitments” and said Iran would defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity against “US military aggression”.

    Agreement under strain

    The MoU signed by the US and Iran extended a ceasefire in their war that began with US-Israeli attacks on Iran on February 28, giving both sides 60 days to negotiate an end to the fighting.

    Access through the Strait of Hormuz is a key element of the MoU. During the war, Iran blocked the waterway through which about 20 percent of the world’s oil passes, triggering a global energy crisis.

    Article 5 of the MoU states that Iran will “make arrangements using its best efforts for the safe passage of commercial vessels” through the strait during the 60 days. It states that Iran and Oman, along with other Gulf states, will discuss the future administration of the strait.

    Wolfgang Pusztai, a defence analyst, told Al Jazeera that while neither the US nor Iran have an interest in a bigger escalation, “there is a risk that this might happen unintentionally.”

    “If there are some hits in residential areas, if a larger number of civilians are getting killed in the Arab Gulf states, if an American base is hit severely so that the American soldiers are killed, this might easily get out of control,” he said.

    attacks Bahrain Iran Kuwait News response Strikes USIsrael war
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Man City transfer news: Enzo Fernandez bid incoming despite missing Chelsea deadline – Paper Talk | Football News

    August 20, 2026

    Alarm in South Korea as Iran dispute with Trump shakes a 72-year alliance | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 20, 2026

    Trump declares ‘economic warfare’ on Iran, threatens its backers

    August 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    OPM cuts degree requirements for government tech jobs in new standards

    May 3, 20269 Views

    Weight loss drugs pose risk to pharma, report finds

    May 4, 20265 Views

    Grok Is Still Hosting Sexualized Deepfakes of Famous Women

    June 11, 20264 Views

    Chris Brown’s Ex-Housekeeper Fighting To Show Horrific Dog Attack Photos in Court

    May 1, 20264 Views
    Don't Miss
    Job post

    3 In 4 Gen Z Do Not Want Fully Remote Work—A Temple Economist Explains

    By adminAugust 20, 20260

    About 77% of Gen Zers prefer RTO over fully remote workgettyOnly 23% of remote-capable Gen…

    Man City transfer news: Enzo Fernandez bid incoming despite missing Chelsea deadline – Paper Talk | Football News

    August 20, 2026

    Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance

    August 20, 2026

    Judi Dench has inspired a new decorating trend – and I oppose it with every fibre of my being | Polly Hudson

    August 20, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us

    Welcome to StoryMoo, your daily destination for the latest news, trending stories, and global updates from around the world.

    At StoryMoo, we bring together everything that matters in one place — from breaking world news and business insights to health updates, sports highlights, celebrity stories, lifestyle trends, travel inspiration, job updates, and the latest in technology.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    3 In 4 Gen Z Do Not Want Fully Remote Work—A Temple Economist Explains

    August 20, 2026

    Man City transfer news: Enzo Fernandez bid incoming despite missing Chelsea deadline – Paper Talk | Football News

    August 20, 2026

    Post Malone Engaged to Christy Lee Over One Year After Debuting Romance

    August 20, 2026
    Most Popular

    Ukraine begins to flex muscle as an emerging air power, angering Russia | Russia-Ukraine war News

    May 1, 20260 Views

    Trump scraps Scotch whisky tariffs ‘in honor’ of King Charles

    May 1, 20260 Views

    Australia and Japan markets climb, looking past Iran war escalation fears

    May 1, 20260 Views
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact Us
    • About Us
    © 2026 StoryMoo. All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.